Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Amazed is an understatement!

Just got home from our 8 week appointment. Wow. What a great experience! Minus the blood work and giving 5 things of blood and you know the usual breast exam, fun times, it was great! The best part... seeing the jelly beans flickering little heart. So crazy to think I have 2 hearts inside of me right now. A whole other life just growing inside of me. The nurse said the baby is measuring exactly on track for how far along I am.


As you all know, my nephew Connor has down syndrome. This does not increase my risk but we did opt in for an ultra sound in about 4 weeks for some testings that they can do to tell us our risks with it. It will measure the fluid around his neck and I will also have to give some more blood. This will be good to know just for peace of mind. And if our little jelly bean had any risks it would still be okay, we will love it no matter what! Our next appointment it Tuesday the 24th of August. This one we will actually get to hear the heartbeat, and the following one will be the big reveal of boy or girl!! My gut? it's a girl. We will see though! A boy would be sooo much fun with my little nephew and I really want his hand me downs since I bought a ton of them! ;) Either way, we will be so happy! Oh, and in case you were wondering, we bought the rocking chair/glider last night!!! Here is an updated jelly bean shot, a whole lot bigger than the last time we got to see him/her! We love you jelly bean!


6 comments:

  1. You have already had the same number of ultra-sounds as me and I am 28 weeks! I can't believe you find out at the end of August what you are having, I had to wait until week 20! I am feeling a little jipped right now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noo we wont find out till the end of September what were having, at the next appointment we will schedule that ultrasound lol! So dont feel too jipped! She said it will be between 16-20 weeks depending on when my appointment fell! Prob last week in Sept we will know :) I get an ultrasound each time and their just bed side so its not all intense but I am lucky to at least see the little bean!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I am SO excited for you! I can't believe how much bigger that little bean got! It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. its soo exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait till you get too see the profile! at your next appointment you'll see how crazy of a difference 4 weeks makes!

    ReplyDelete