Thursday, May 19, 2011

Maternity Leave... I will miss you!

My maternity leave is slowly coming to an end. I am due back to work this Tuesday... and to say the least, I am scared as hell.

I never thought in a million years I would be the one saying I wanted to be a stay at home mom. But yes, I would like to be a stay at home mom, just for a few more months. I am excited to see all my coworkers but so scared to be away from my baby all day.

Thank the heavens that she will be with my dad all day for the first 2 months. This will be a slight weening process for me, to get used to the idea of me being away from her. I know he will take not just good, but amazing care of her. He is truly a great grandpa.

I can be honest and say I have cried every single day for the last 2 weeks. I cannot imagine what Monday will bring... probably tears all.day.long. Ugh!

What I can say is that I am thankful. Super super super thankful that Monster was gracious enough to grant me 12 weeks of time off with my sweet pea. And even more thankful, that Bank of America was grateful enough to grant Ryan 12 weeks off as well! We have been blessed to spend the first 3 months with our baby girl together. Neither of us have missed a beat and that has been great. Most men dont get that much time off and the fact that he did, was amazing! I dont know if I would of made it without him!

I will miss early morning snuggles with my babe, her afternoon naps (and snuggling then of course too), shopping trips because she is of course the best shopper ever, pedi's during the middle of the day, her cute cheesy grins all day long, and her constant love for me and my love for her. I will just miss EVERYTHING about her.

I will constantly wonder what she is doing, is she laughing? smiling? crying? hungry? what is she doing right now! Hopefully it doesnt distract me too much from working.. hopefully :) I am excited for a reason to go home every single day and knowing I get to see her smiling face, that will be the best feeling ever. And I will cherish every weekend just knowing that I get to snuggle with my babe!

Each day with her is a new adventure, we learn something new about her and she impresses us daily. She is truly turning into a little person and has the best personality ever. I am so in love with her, and when they say its a love you never thought was possible, its no JOKE. It truly is the best love I've ever felt (besides for my husband of course!).

I love you baby girl, and I promise, every moment that I get with you, I will make the most of it!

Oh and no overtime... for a long long time... I need baby time as much as I can get!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment