Friday, August 27, 2010

Think pink as the doctor said...

So when we were 8 weeks our doctor asked if we wanted to do the Nuchal Translucency (NT) testing. It tests for Trisomy 21 and Trisomy 18. Good news is that both came back completely NORMAL. The NT was 1.5 and there is concern anything over 3. So ours was very good! The also looked at the spinal cord, brain, and heart. Everything was GREAT in the doctors words. Heart beat was 164 :)

So while we were there I had mentioned when I caught a glimpse of the tooshie, "oh I think that's a penis!" HA! So the tech asked if we were wanting to find out. I said heck yes! So she said she would look and see if she could tell. She continued on with the ultrasound and made her way back down to the bottom. So the tech says "So I can say with 85% confidence that its a GIRL!" We were like.. umm are you kidding me?! I said why do you say that, she said I will show you... So she goes to her bottom and said "see how its pointing inward" thats a girl. So the ultrasound continues, we go on to tell her how we are doing an early gender reveal at 15 weeks. We get this great shot of the baby in 3d and she said, its a girl.

Okay so next, Dr. Soloman who actually used to see my sister when she was pregnant with Connor comes in. Keep in mind, we are at a very high risk doctors office with amazing technology. So she walks in, and says word for word "dont waste your money, its a girl." We were like are you SURE. She said she couldnt say definitively but yes. She even went on to say that she will let us come back at 16 weeks to tell us for sure. Our doctor wouldnt see us till 20 weeks. So we get to save our $60 bucks and go see her again a week later. But at the end, she said go shopping and think pink!

Now the reason I say 90% confidence is because again, she cant tell us FOR SURE. But I have never heard a doctor so confident. So we headed to the mall because I needed to find something anyways for the party next weekend and found ourselves of at Gap with my groupon... I did look for myself but then I ended up spending all my $50 groupon on the baby! My sister also met us at the mall and stopped at Carters on her way in and surprised us with some adorable clothes! We will keep all the tags and receipts of course!

For those who want to know her name, its going to be Brynlee Madison Lopez!

Here is Brynlee's first outfit, I had a Groupon so I only spent 4 bucks on the whole thing! The onesie says BYOB, ha!
The adorable outfits my sister got us!!! Love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment