Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cloth Diapers?

So many decisions come into play when having a baby. What type of bottles will you use, what color you will decorate the nursery, a NAME, oh and what type of diapers you will use! I read a blog post today on a blog that I follow and love, Young House Love, not sure if any of you are familiar. But anyways, she posted a very informative post about cloth diapers that she currently uses on her 11 month old. And wow the good things she had to say. Ryan and I both read it and felt we learned a lot in just a short reading!

Your probably thinking... what a pain, to have to wash the diapers and not just be able to throw them away. Yeah, I thought the same thing, but after reading this post, it really doesnt seem like too much of an inconvienence. And actually, their CUTE! After reading her post, I also learned how much $$$ you can save. Costs $265 for a package of 12 diapers, and she hasnt needed more than 12, since your always washing them out. In a year, the average mom spends about $3,000 on diapers. WOWZERS! These cloth diapers will last all the way through potty training, and on to the next child! Ryan and I haven't come to a decision yet, but it is not definitly a highly pondered thought! Tell me what you think.......


Oh and if your interested in reading the awesome post, click here: http://www.younghouselove.com/2010/08/the-much-requested-cloth-diaper-post/




2 comments:

  1. I read YHL, sometimes I think they go a little overboard with the whole organic only, but for the most part I like their style. I really like their nursery, have you seen it? The two-tone crib and dresser are so sleek.

    If you aren't a stay at home mom, can you use cloth diapers? I feel like child care providers would not deal with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well and that was a big thought of ours, we thought that since daycare provides diapers, using their diapers during the days the baby is there would be okay, and then using the cloth when the baby is with us and at night would work. YHL claims that Clara uses both disposable (when they are on the go) and cloth with little affect to rashes. So maybe its something we try and see how it works for us! Not sure?

    Yes their nursery is ADORABLE. I am so jealous of their house...

    ReplyDelete