Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Nursery Inspirations...

So we are going to start the nursery in the next coming weeks after finding out our furniture is HERE already! So much for 9-11 weeks, haha! But Buy Buy Baby is being great and holding it for us till October so we have all of September to clear that room out and at least get it painted. We plan to paint the room a light pink and accent with dark pink and lime green. We will obviously wait till our appointment on September 17th to know for sure if its a boy or girl to do anything with paint! I know I showed you all the bedding we picked for a girl a while back... in case you forgot what it looked like, here is a peek:So now that things are looking positive for a little girl on the way I have been looking for inspirations to go into this nursery... I want it simple but chic. Nothing to overpowering. So here are a few things I have found...

These curtains are from Pottery Barn for a whoppin $19 bucks. We are taking off the closet doors and replacing them with curtains. We did this in our bedroom and it turned out so cute! The little polka dots will be lime green!

We are wanting to find a lime green shag rug like pictured above. It will bring the green from the bedding and the slight green in the curtains out!


Love these curtain rods for the cute curtains above for the closet! Dont know if we would go with the green or pink, but either one would work!! These are from pottery barn as well.


Ryan and I both love this growth chart as well. Being that we both love dance so much (although neither of us were dancers, just have a passion for it) we think this is both so us. It is just a wall decal that I found on etsy and we can get it printed in any color. Not sure what color we would pick whether it would be dark pink, white, or silver... who knows! But we think it would be great to just keep track of the little one growing along!

I would love to find a chandelier to hang above the crib or the glider but we will see what we can find. I dont want to spend a zillion dollars on it so if anyone knows where to get the chandeliers you can put in a nursery that are not like 200+ let me know!

Anyways, these are the crazy thoughts that run through my head and I think that it will turn out adorable. Once we get started with the rooms I will post pictures as we go so you can see it progress!

Xo~Sarah

1 comment: