Friday, November 5, 2010

It's November Already? 22 Weeks!

Time seems to be going a bit faster these days. We have been so busy lately and it's hard to feel like we will ever catch up! But everything we have been busy doing has been fun stuff, so its okay! We have a wedding to go to this weekend and next weekend we are in Colorado for Ryan's grandma's 70th birthday party! And then, THANKSGIVING! Who wouldnt love Thanksgiving being pregnant? Food! :) I still haven't gained too much weight. If I had to guess I would say I am up 5-6lbs. My goal is to stay around the 25 the doctor wants so in return, it comes off easily after delivery!

This past week we watched a very interesting documentary called the Business of Being Born. It was really really interesting. I felt like I learned a lot about the differences between hospital delivery and home delivery. And wow are they ever different! It really made me realize that I want to go as natural as possible with this delivery. Yes, call me crazy. But I want as little intervention as possible. If I absolutely can't subside the pain, I will get an epidural. But apparantly your body has endorphines that it releases that is supposed to make things not as painful, but a lot of people dont let their bodies get that far into the labor process. I may try. Who knows! I may get in there, and say give me the epidural, haha! But I really really want to attempt to go natural.

Anyways, as far as how I am feeling, about the same. Headaches, backaches, and heartburn, OH MY! :) I always convince and tell myself, I could be a lot worse off. It helps me not complain and feel more positive. Especially after seeing the hell and back my sister went through, I know it could be worse. So I deal with it! As long as Brynlee is active and moving, I know she is happy! And boy do we EVER have an active baby, no doubt she is happy!! :)

A lot of people have asked if we have decided on a daycare. We haven't. We haven't even gone to look yet, but it is on the list of things to get done in the next month or so! I will keep you updated on our search. Also people are asking when my shower is, there is a date set! It is going to be January 8th at 4pm! Invites will be mailed out towards the end of this month to give you time to RSVP with all the holidays, even I know how crazy that can be.

Our list for baby looks like this:

  • Find a daycare in town

  • Start looking into pediatricians

  • Mail out baby shower invites

  • Get Life Insurance

  • Open an IRA or some sort of savings account for her college. We want to do this before she is born so we start saving, right away.

  • Finish nursery! (Yes, there is still more to do!!)

  • Get together the hospital bag

  • Have a baby shower
  • And then....... HAVE A BABY! We can't wait for her to get here, but in the meantime, we have a lot to do!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment