Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Colorado Trip Recap

Sorry I have been MIA for a bit. We are as usual our busy selves. We got home from Colorado on Sunday night. It was a quick trip but it was so much fun.

The weather was beautiful in the high 30's low 40's with the sun shining basically all day long. It made for a nice two days, to escape the heat we have here. When we got in Friday night we hung out around the table and just talked and catched up on what has been going on in all of our crazy lives. Recap: the party involved, myself, Ryan, parents; Dean and debbie, Aunt Mollie, Uncle Dave, Uncle Skippy, Grandma Bev (birthday girl) and Grandpa Bill. Saturday morning we cooked up a yummy breakfast and litterally sat in jammies all day long! It was such a relaxing day. We had the fire going and played games. I love lazy days like this and wish they came along more often!! We figured Saturday night we would get dressed for the big birthday dinner. So we all got in our decent attire and let the party begin! It was a great dinner. It was so intimate and with just the 10 of us there. We all went around the table and said something we loved about Grandma Bev. This of course caused tears streaming down my face. She is like the grandma I sometimes wish I had. I love my grandma dearly, but grandma Bev is just different. She is so youthful and has such a vibrant spirit about her. Sunday, Ryan and I hiked back up the mountain where our lives would forever change when he asked me to marry him! We had so much fun just snapping pictures and reliving our moment. He asked me again, and I said yes :) It will definitly have to be a tradition to walk the mountain whenever we visit Morrison. We finished the trip with some Sunday football and were headed to the airport!

It's always great visiting family and having relaxing much needed weekends! This weekend will be fun, we get our new couch! It will look so different in our living room, but a much needed change! I cannot wait to be able to lay out on our big comfy couch! My back is so over the couch we have now.

The baby shower invites are officially in the mail, so be on the lookout, coming your way!! Everything with the pregnancy is going great, her heartbeat was 150 yesterday and she is quite the squirmer! She wouldnt sit still for the doctor to get the heartbeat and the doctor could see her moving, it was great. I gained 4lbs, so I am officially up 9lbs, not bad at all. Supposedly should be around 15 so I am happy with my 9, I will take it! After my next appt I am on every 2 week appts, geez, that came quick! What sounds even quicker is a baby coming into my life in 4 months! Ahh!!! Anyways, until next time!
Lovin on our baby girl

The gang for Grandma Bev's Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment