Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Oh the things we give up......

So... to all my fellow readers, if your a mom already or a mom to be, you know what I am talking about already. The things we give up while baking a love child!

We are headed out to Colorado this weekend to visit's Ryan's family one last time before little miss Brynlee enters into our world. Whats the weather going to be like you ask? Oh a high of 44 degrees all weekend and a low of 25. So his Aunt tells us not to forget our suits for the hot tub. Of course you already know, us preggo girls can't hot tub. But I just thought I'd call to double check, because it sounds sooooo good!

The doctors response: You are allowed to go into a hot tub, as long as its under 101 degrees and only in for less than 10 minutes.

What? 10 minutes. Man, what is the point? And then the possibility of harming Brynlee. Dang it. My answer had remained the same in my head, no hot tubbing for this girl this weekend! You'd think if I can't drink, they'd at least let me hot tub!

So it made me think, boy do we ever give a lot up while baking a love child.

The things I cannot wait to get back:
  • Hot Tubbing!
  • Drinking a nice cold beer!
  • Wearing my cute Seven jeans and all the other jeans that fill up my closet and stare my in the face every morning like hahaha, you cant wear me!
  • Not worrying about my caffeiene intake!
  • Not taking 2 horsepills a day. Even though I know we take those after pregnancy for a while!
  • My energy!
  • My back no longer in pain!
  • The view of my feet!
  • Oh, and lunch meat, I cannot wait for the day I can eat a cold sandwich with no fear!

The things I do not want to give up post baby:

  • My twice a week footrubs (sometimes more if I am lucky) from my hubby!
  • The feeling of Brynlee kick me, I love it so much even when it drives me a little nuts at times!

I know I still have a ways to go but I thought this was an appropriate post after my silly call to the doctor today! It is all in good fun, and I would give up the world to make a safe spot for Brynlee in my tummy! But March couldn't arrive any quicker!!!

Until next time....... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment