Monday, April 11, 2011

The proposal....

3. proposal: how it happened, how long were you engaged for? was it a total surprise? pictures of that... etc.

Wow was this ever a surprise! (which I believe is how it should be!!)

Ryan and I were headed to Colorado for 4th of July weekend in 2009. Ryans entire family was flying in so everyone included... Ryan, myself, his mom and dad, aunt mollie, uncle dave, uncle skippyyyy and his nephew Jack! We were looking forward to a great weekend of BBQ's and fireworks. {At the airport headed to CO!}

I need to backtrack for a moment to the day before the trip... because looking back, this makes the story amazing...

We had gotten off work, I was going to start packing but decided I wante
d to go workout before and I needed to pick up my birth control. So I headed out to the gym and grocery store. I went to the grocery store first... while I was there, decided I had too much to do and was going to skip the gym. I called Ryan and let him know that I was coming home after the store and didnt want to work out. I went up to the pharmacy to get my prescription and the pharmacist told me "You are the customer of the day, can you please sit down and wait, we have a special prize for you" (imagine an asian lady doing your nails saying this LOL)... I was like Huh?! Okay, I will wait! First thing I did was call Ryan, I told him I AM THE CUSTOMER OF THE DAY!!!! I was so excited, I had no idea what it meant, but I felt pretty cool. I then proceeded to call my mom, she and my dad worked for Fry's forever so I figured they would know what it meant.. I called my mom, she said, she didnt know anything about that, but maybe I had won a gift card. SWEET, free groceries! So I sat... and waited and waited and waited......... what the heck was going on?! Finally, they call my name OVER THE INTERCOM, "Sarah the pharmacy is ready for you". So I headed back up there, and the lady tells me... "I am sorry, we made a big mistake, you are not the customer of the day".... WHAT?! SAD!!! I had been waiting for a good 30 minutes to not get anything... waste of time! So I left, called my mom and Ryan told them the bad news, haha. Ryan sounded like he had something up his sleeve but I didnt know. So I went home... and he greeted me at the door... umm? Thats unusual, he usually just sits on the couch or whatever. He opened the door and met me outside. So then I was really suspicious. I asked him what was up... he told me... he called the pharmacy and was trying to stall them because he was trying to buy me flowers. How frickin cute. But then I asked, why would you buy me flowers if we are leaving town tomorrow morning? He said I dunno, I just wanted to. Okay, kinda weird, but sweet. So on went our night... I will get to why he did all this at the end of the story.

So on to Colorado we went! We arrived on July 2nd at night, had a great night with the family all hanging out, but I was pooped, so I went to bed kind of early and Ryan stayed up with his Aunt and Uncle, drinking and just hanging out. We woke up the next morning, and Ryan had
asked if I wanted to go on a hike. His aunt and uncle live in Morrison, CO and if you have never been there, its AMAZING. The best views, the best hiking, just amazing. Look a little something like this:

I told him I was tired and really didnt want to go. He said he would just go by himself. Sad, so I caved and on the
hike we went. We went up the mountain and Ryan kept saying lets just go a little further, I wanted to turn around. What a pain in the ass I was being! Jeez. Apparantly he wanted to get to that perfect spot. We stopped at a large tree, you could see downtown Denver beautifully and the views were outstanding. I said, lets take a picture! So us being our normal goofy selves we put up the bunny ears, took a picture... and out came... THIS:


If you cant see what is happening in this picture, the ring is ON his finger. So being any girl, I replayed the picture and I looked at his finger, I said "What are you doing? Your not doing the bunny ears"... I zoomed in and saw the ring! WHAT IS HAPPENING? I thought... OMG this is not happening right now.... I turned around, he was on one knee... and it all happened. He told me I make him the happiest girl on earth, he wouldnt want to spend his life with any other person, and asked me to marry him... OF COURSE I SAID YES!!!


{Right after he asked me, sorry about the boob grab kids, ha!}

{{The ring}

So to end the story, we walked back to his Aunt and Uncle's house. I didnt know how we were going to tell the whole family! The only thing running through my head was, what is his mom going to think? Will she think it's too soon? Will she accept me? I couldnt stop thinking about it. Ryan apparantly already knew how he was going to tell his family. So we got back to the house, his Aunt and Uncle were awake, and Ryan had apparantly told them the night before. So they congratulated us, hugged us, cried, the whole nine yards. Ryan's parents were still in bed. Ryan had written his mom and dad a letter. He told his nephew Jack to go deliver it to them to their bedroom. We stood outside the room and Dean read the letter to his mom. It was a whole letter about how he was going to ask me to marry him and how he couldn't be happier and he hoped they would accept me into their family. I could hear his mom crying and I was crying outside the door listening. They didn't know we were out there! She came out of the room, hugged us both and we all cried. To say the least, it was one of the BEST days of my life. I couldnt of been more on a cloud nine. And to tell you why all the drama happened at the grocery store... well... RYAN WAS PICKING UP THE RING AND HAD TO STALL ME!!!! Of course I had to ruin it by not working out. So he had to come up with something, and quick! hahah, love him for that! And dang him for not making me the customer of the day!

So thats our story. It was amazing, wonderful, and absolutely perfect. He is such a great husband and father to our baby girl.

We end our story with a cheers!

the

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your story Sarah! I love the idea of the ring in the picture for the bunny ears, that was really clever of Ryan! Thanks for sharing your story, love ya girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! He is pretty clever ;) Love ya too!

    ReplyDelete