Thursday, April 7, 2011

How it all began...

1. how it all began: how you met, first date, first kiss, how long did you date? first picture together.....etc.

Mine and Ryan's story is rather interesting, isnt everyone's? :)

I used to work at a company called Northland Group doing collections in 2007. I worked with a girl named Desiree who happened to be one of my good friends at the time. We had a Christmas party for the company and decided that before the party we were going to go back to her place to pre-party and then head to the party. So we went to her place and she had 2 roommates, Ryan and Matt. They weren't home so it was all good. We partied at her place and about 30 minutes before we were getting ready to leave, Ryan came home from work. To say the least, the pre-partying got a little outta hand, and I was already DRUNK. Me and another friend were laying on his bed who happened to be Desi's bed as well. She was staying with Ryan and Matt
because her and her bf had broken up. Now ready for the fun part? Ryan and Desi used to date back in High School for 6 YEARS in Ohio. And yep, they shared beds at the apartment. Uninterested in this guy? Yep. (p.s. this is Ryans version of how we met... mine not so much :))

The night went on, we went to the party, and I never saw Ryan again. Or so I thought. A couple months later I was meeting Desi and a few other friends at a house party. Yes I partied a lot, I was single, duh! When we got there, she happened to bring her 2 roommates with her. Well hello again Ryan and Matt. Haha. So we started drinking, hanging out, and then the shots started. Somehow, me and Ryan got into a contest of some sort and started taking shots together of who could take the most. Well, I lost. I didn't loose in the aspect of taking the most, I lost because I puked. Hot, I know. Ryan, being the sweet guy he is, held my hair and the trashcan, and even carried me out to my car so my cousin could drive me home.

Again, never thought I would see him again. Wrong.

Since I was single for the first time in 6 years, I was dating a couple different guys, just going to dinner and enjoying the single life. I was once again, having a party at my house this time. I invited Ryan, and 2 other guys I was talking to the party never thinking they would come, let alone ALL THREE. Yep, all three showed up to the party, what was I going to do??? um, kiss a different guy. Yep, FAIL. Poor Ryan. He witnessed me kiss another guy and decided that was his calling to leave. So he left and I was too drunk to know. Wow I sound like an alcoholic. Anyways, the next morning I got a text from him saying, "all I wanted to do was cuddle with you tonight." OMG WHO IS THIS GUY, how frickin sweet! So I texted him back, apologized for me being stupid drunk and we started to talk. He asked me to dinner. I still have no idea why, I
mean he saw me at my worst and then some.

We went to dinner on our first official date at Cafe Boa on Mill in January 2007. Did this guy know Italian would steal my heart and he was the FIRST guy in all the dinners I had been to, to take me to Italian. Yum. The dinner was amazing, and honestly, the rest is history.

We never went another day without talking or seeing eachother. We shared our first kiss a few dates in at my apartment, and he asked me to be his "girlfriend" on Valentines Day 2007. We dated for 2 amazing years and were engaged in July 2009, married in June 2010!

One of the oldest pictures of us I could find on this computer... Halloween 2008!

1 comment: