Friday, February 18, 2011

Watermelon Belly


According to thebump.com Brynlee is the size of a watermelon. Yes, you heard me right, a WATERMELON. And that is exactly what it feels like, like I am carrying a watermelon around on my belly.

When I first got pregnant I was posting weekly what "fruit" Brynlee was the size of... I always found myself looking ahead to the next week, like what fruit will she be next, and it always made me excited when I saw she would be a raspberry next, and then a date, etc etc... I did look once to full term and saw it was the size of a watermelon... and I never thought I would get there!

Now here we are, in our 38th week... and she's the size of one! A yummy juicy watermelon!!! :) I had some this morning in celebration of her watermelon size by the way. Not only is she the size of one, but I also feel like one... the swelling is getting out of control! My weight has stayed at exactly what I wanted gaining right around 30 lbs! Docs are happy about it and so am I! Hopefully since I have maintained being active throughout pregnancy that after she's born and I can work out again, I can shed these pounds!

I cant believe how soon she is going to be here! It still seems very surreal to me. We are headed into a 3-day weekend and have lots of plan to enjoy it! Tomorrow night we are headed back to the improv with two amazing friends Breanna and Mike, to see Harland Williams, should be a ton of fun! Sunday I have a bridal shower for my cousin to be Jessica Jacobs! And Monday we have a doctors appointment... thinking progress :)

Soon enough we will have this sweet baby girl in our arms, and we cannot WAIT! :)

Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment