Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A note to Brynlee & Connor

Some of you may have seen my Facebook post this morning in regards to Connor and his 1ST BIRTHDAY coming up!

"Thinking about Connor and his upcoming 1ST BIRTHDAY and how his baby cousin will be here so soon. I cannot wait to see their relationship grow over years. Brynlee has no idea how lucky she is to have such an amazing cousin already. I hope they teach eachother amazing things in life, they can both learn from eachother. And I hope Brynn has half the fight Connor does in her, because he is the biggest fighter I know! :)"


I just wanted to expand on this a bit. And I also wanted it to make the blog for them to read later in life!


Connor was born on March 8th, 2010 and when Ryan and I found out we were pregnant we were happy to announce our due date of March 11th, 2011. My sister and I had talked before I got pregnant and she thought it would be "so cool" if Connor and cousin were close in age. Never did we think the due date would be 3 days off of Connor's birthday!


So how awesome would this be? Connor and Brynlee share the same birthday! My sister and I are twins (as you all know) so for us to share the same birthday and then our first babies share the same birthday would be so neat! I guess that is up to Brynn though and when she decides she wants to come. Either way, no matter what, it'll be close! They will always share that special time of year together. Granted I am sure Brynlee will want her girly parties and Connor to have his parties all about trucks, they will always share a spring birthday.


If I can say one word about Connor it would be: Amazing. He truly is AMAZING. When my sister found out that Connor may have down syndrome, it changed our family and all of our thoughts during her pregnancy. Always the "what if he does" talk. And then when he arrived on that amazing day, March 8th at around 5:30pm... and he did in fact have down syndrome, he changed our life. I think Connor has been a blessing to our family. He has brought our family closer together than ever before. Have I mentioned how much of a fighter he is? Wow. He has had quite the year to say the absolute least. When I see people complain about their babies being sick, I always think of Connor and what he has had to go through, and I think they should be so very thankful. Of course, any baby that is sick with the flu or an ear infection is not fun, but imagine half of your first year in the hospital. And when he goes there these days, the nurses recognize him and stop by to say "hi". He's a frequent visitor. But he's better off there getting better and continues to fight every day.


Brynlee, I hope you learn from Connor. I know you will. I know you will teach him amazing things, possibly even how to walk one day! You guys will probably be developing at close rates for a while so I hope you guys learn from eachother. When you get older, I want you to know and understand how amazing of a guy he is. He has down syndrome, yes, but that only makes him more awesome! The kid always has a smile on his face even when he feels down and out. He can light up the room that anybody walks into, and I dont see this changing, ever. I hope you guys love eachother endlessly.


Oh and your Aunt, Savannah. She has the same one word as Connor does, AMAZING. To be doing what she has done as a single mother is nothing short of that word. So learn from her too!


I cannot wait to see thier relationship blossom, I really cant!

1 comment: