Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The latest and greatest...

Today was the appointment. The appointment we had been waiting on for over a week. Where we knew we wanted to discuss a planned induction.

Let me first start out by saying, this plan was in no way something for me or for Ryan. This plan was something for Brynlee. All we want is her to be safe and healthy, and if that means getting her out early, we will do it. Anything it takes, right?

So we went in with an open mind, we knew we wanted to hear the doctor out and see what she had to say but we also knew what we wanted. So here goes!

Appointment started oh 30 minutes LATE. Of course, the one appointment you want to start on time, starts late :) Always happens like that. So we were expecting to meet with Dr. Grayson (male) and ended up meeting with Dr. Kimbro (female). I was happy with that, would rather have a female anyways, no particular reason. So she comes in and says she will be doing our appointment since Dr. Grayson was busy, no biggie. So she asks if we had any concerns etc. So we started the "talk". I told her about all of my feelings up until now, everything in my pregnancy has been rather textbook per say. I've had a few trips to OB triage, but who doesnt in first pregnancies? We dont know what to expect or whats normal to feel. But I did express my concern for the itchiness and how it scared me to hear that word; stillborn. Who wouldnt naturally freak out?? So there were tears during this appointment, and we went over everything that I've been feeling.

The end result? I am able to get induced on March 3rd if we chose to. As of right now, I am 50% effaced, 1 cm dilated, and my cervix is "anterior". So there is definitly progress and all signs of labor. As of right now, we will most likely go with the induction on the 3rd, thats if she doesnt come sooner. My thoughts? she is coming sooner than that, I have always thought she would be here early and the doctor didnt seem to disagree. So thats it friends! Being pregnant is crazy, and the hardest thing I have ever done. There are so many emotions, opinions, judgements and things we all deal with, but at the end of the day, I just want our daughter here, and healthy.

Here's to hoping, SHE picks her birthday, just like I always wanted!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment