Friday, February 11, 2011

Some final thoughts on pregnancy....

Being that Brynlee can realisticly come any day now, I wanted to get out some final thoughts on pregnancy. In 2010 I printed my blog into a book, and I plan to do that for each year that I blog so that she can have some memories to look back onto, I would have loved if my mom did this for me! I am sure the blog will change many times over the year as the family grows, we move into a bigger house etc, but it will be so neat to show her one day!

So on that note, I wanted to share some final thoughts on my pregnancy so one day when Brynlee reads this, she can know how I felt.

I can sum it all up into one word, pregnancy is NUTS. It is one of the craziest things I have ever experienced in my entire life. From the day I found out I was pregnant, I dont think I realized what I was in for. You hear all these things that happen during pregnancy, but I always thought, that wouldn't happen to me... oh yes it does! From losing the appetite in the first trimester, all the scary fears of miscarriage, to not sleeping through the night, swollen feet, headaches, itchy legs and all that in between that I know I am missing, it happens! My feet are currently the size of sausages. And my ankles, well, their no longer there. It's sad. by the end of the day, I have imprints from any pair of shoes I try and wear. And thats about enough on the complaining.

Pregnancy is a gift. It truly is. We were put on this earth to recreate and the fact that I have been blessed to do that, is amazing. When we went on our honeymoon, we had the mindset, that we would just start trying, and see how long it took. Never did it cross my mind, that it could happen that fast. And within 3 weeks of our wedding date, we had a positive pregnancy test. Of course, I didnt believe it, so I took like 10 tests to really confirm it. And then the day we found out it was a baby girl, oh man, that was the best day of my life. People always say, they dont care either way, but I think we all have in our mind what we want it to be. And I always knew I wanted a little girl first, and so did Ryan. So we were blessed again with a sweet baby girl! Through all of the trips to OB triage for blurry vision, preterm labor etc etc. they were all worth it. I had a very textbook pregnancy for the most part, with some things throwing me off of course, but that is to be expected. I was lucky to not have many complications along the way, and to hear at every ultrasound how great her heart looked, and how amazing she was developing. Again, we were blessed.

Sometime in the next 20 days, we are going to be blessed with greatest gift of all, our sweet baby girl! I cannot wait to meet her. I cant wait to see what she looks like, what color hair she will have, and eyes! Ryan always said, he hopes she gets his skin color and hair, and my eyes. Whatever she has, she will be beautiful.

Brynlee, we cannot wait to meet you, in the next 18 years, try not to give us too hard of a time. We hope that we are the best parents that we can be. We hope that we raise your right with good values. We hope that we teach you about drugs and sex and you know right from wrong. We hope that we lead you down a path for a great life and to bring us grandbabies someday. We love you so much and you're not even here yet! Get here fast and make mommy have an easy delivery!

For all those aspiring moms, or moms to be, or MOMS already, thank your lucky stars every day. That we get the chance to create a life. A little life inside of us that will soon change the world in some way!

3 comments:

  1. Awe, I loved this post! The last paragraph is so true. I am so very thankful, lucky and blessed to be able to have two amazing, healthy, beautiful, well behaved kids. I try to be the best mommy I can and I hope that my kids know how hard I am trying to be the best for them. A mothers love for her babies is the greatest love there is... I can't wait for you to experience holding Brynn for the first time, nursing for the first time (if that is the route you choose to go), snuggling her for the first time. All of those firsts make the difficult times so worth it. Good luck and I hope you have an easy delivery as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best is yet to come! Brynlee is very blessed to be born to such a loving home. I love this blog post and echo everything you said! Motherhood is a beautiful gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I cannot wait to experience motherhood :)

    ReplyDelete