Monday, January 17, 2011

Nesting? Who knows....

I am not sure I have ever really believed in the term, nesting. Being pregnant, I know that when I start to clean more towards the end is what would be considered nesting, but to me, its just cleaning! Yeah sometimes all I think about is organizing that closet or deep clean the whole house... but to be honest, I thought about those things before I was pregnant too! (and I think most women do, its just related to nesting when your pregnant).

Soooo anyways, this weekend as I was "nesting" we took off all of Brynlee's tags and decided to clean all of her clothes, sheets, blankets etc. Basically anything that will be touching her skin! We opted for All Free N Clear vs. Dreft simply because of cost and I know it does the same thing. Anyways, as we got started we separated her clothes, as we do when we do our own laundry. Usually its whites, dark's and brights. But for miss Brynn, it was whites, dark's and PINKS. She had enough pink stuff to take up an entire load. Ha!

We ended up with piles like this....... (holy cow this girl has a lot of clothes!)
After all of the washing and drying was done we started separating her clothes into "months" so I could organize them in her drawers and bins accordingly. (We really don't need her 6-12 months clothes out for now!)

The dirty piles turned into clean piles like this....
And then I folded all of the onesies, separated the "hang up" stuff, and folded the pants...

Which turned into piles like this :)
And voila! All of it was sorted in her drawers, nicely put away in her bins (which are now all full with blankets, clothes etc) and hung up! Baby girl, your clothes are ready for you!!!
(And yes, she has a shoe problem, she admits it!)

3 comments:

  1. The best tip I got when I was pregnant with Riley was "do not buy any clothes," and I am so glad I didn't! As you obviously have discovered yourself, everyone LOVES buying baby girl clothes. I was organizing her 3 month clothes this weekend and the girl has over 30 pairs of pants and over 40 sleepers in 3 month size alone! All of which were gifts. It is out of control! They sure are cute though, just wait until she has a couple of months worth of chunk on her and her pudgy little thighs are peeking out of the onesies. I could just die I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know surprisingly at our baby shower we didnt get much clothes at all! So we did end up buying a few things. But that is all fun of course! And holy cow, 30 pairs of pants! LOL! I thought Brynlee was bad with her like 7 hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so hilarious...thank you for sharing your life. I love your attention to detail and organization. :) Brynlee is lucky to have you two as parents.

    ReplyDelete