Friday, January 21, 2011

6 weeks to go!

I realized that I hadn't really updated on how the actual pregnancy has been going in quite a while! I guess no news is good news right? But there has been a lot that has been changing. I am definitly getting bigger which means a lot a more uncomfortable. To say I have slept thru the night in the last couple weeks would be a lie, I dont remember what that's like. I know its my body getting prepared for having a baby, so I guess I would rather have it this way now so it's not as hard when she gets here.

The "kicking" has turned from sudden kicks, to more of a jello like feeling in my stomach. It feels like she is rolling around and a lot of the time you can see the rolling on the outside of my belly. It's so alien like!!

One thing I have been dealing with that isn't completely normal is pelvic pressure, like BAD. It hurts more than anything at night during the middle of the night when I try to turn from side to side, to the point where I cannot move my legs. Not fun!! So today I called the doctor because last night I woke up in tears from the pain. To say the least, we went to OB Triage tonight to get checked out to make sure that I wasn't in preterm labor. They checked me for dilation and apparantly I am a "fingertip" so slightly dilated. And also was having what the nurse thought might be contractions, although I didn't feel anything. Anyways, baby Brynn is doing great, heartbeat is great and she is super active. So they will check me again on Tuesday to make sure I am not dilated anymore.

We aren't ready for a baby yet... we are "ready" as far as the stuff goes, but I am not ready quite yet! Still haven't packed my hospital bag, installed the carseat etc. All of those things are on the list to do in the upcoming weekends... I don't want to do it too soon and get the anticipation rolling too soon!

Because I am REALLY trying for an all natural delivery, I am not expecting her to come early, so if I get to 40 weeks and no baby, I dont want my initial instinct, to get induced. I want her to come when she is ready, I know she will!! :)

We are full term after February 17th so my goal is that date at least!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment