Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Daycare.... why is this SO tough for me?


So maybe its not only me... but maybe it is.

Choosing a daycare has turned from what I thought would be an easy task, to what has been the most difficult decisions I have ever had to make. I know that we still have time, but to me we dont have much. To cut to the chase, we have still not decided on any daycare, basically we have gotten nowhere. But one decision we have made, is we have decided against an actual daycare, and are planning on going with either a nanny or in-home daycare.

In a nutshell, we decided against an actual daycare because after touring 2 of them... it was an easy decision. Nothing at ALL against people who take their babies to daycares, but it just wasnt for us. There is no particular reason but I think the biggest thing was more the "feeling" to us. Which everyone tells us, go with your gut feeling. So there you have it, our gut feeling is its not right for us!

On to the next step... finding an in-home daycare. Jeesh this is hard too! We both decided we will not go with anyone who is not some sort of referral based or knows somebody who has used the person. But the main thing is getting the word out, that we are LOOKING for an in-home daycare. I have joined a site called "sittercity" that is a benefit I get thru my work, that only has background checked and accredited babysitters. So I posted a job on there... and I have gotten a few applies, but nothing that has completely stood out.

A glimmer of hope... we meet with an in-home Montessori school tomorrow after work. I am really excited about this one. The lady has been doing it for 25 years and comes highly recommended from a co-worker who's daughters have gone to her in the past. There's only one problem, the location. It is located on Ray and Mcqueen... which is slightly out of the way from Maricopa, Haha! But I told Ryan, it would be worth it to me to know she is in the right place...

So I will keep you all updated how tomorrow goes. I am also looking into a few in-home's here in the local Maricopa town who are being referred by some friends as well.

It is our #1 priority right now and we are hoping to have a decision made before the end of the month. I do not want to go into February with this still on my mind. And we are definitely making a decision before she gets here! Wish us luck, we NEED IT!!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. GOOD LUCK!! But I already know you will find somebody perfect for little Brynlee! Oorrr, you could just stay home and we could have play dates!! :)

    ReplyDelete