Sunday, December 5, 2010

A little surprise visit to the hospital

What a crazy weekend it has been!

I woke up on Saturday morning with an aching tooth. But of course it has to be one of the teeth that dont come in till your in your 20's. WISDOM TEETH. Apparantly my bottom left tooth was infected. Ouch! So I called my doctor to see what they recommend they do because I was in quite a bit of pain. They recomended I went to urgent care to get some antibiotics and the infection would be gone within just a couple of days. And that I would have to wait until after Brynn gets here to get them pulled since I cannot undergo that surgery while pregnant.

Okay so off to urgent care we went at 11am on Saturday morning. Got myself all checked in, got the pennicilian they recomended and some vicodin for the pain. I wasn't in nearly enough pain take the vicodin but I started right away on the pennicilian. So I took my dosage at 1 and at 7pm. Ryan and I had been at a friends graduation party. Left there and headed over to Walmart before going to another xmas party. While in walmart my vision started getting REALLY blurry. Like I couldnt see the big signs clear, blurry. So I told Ryan and he had remem
bered reading or learning about blurry vision=no good when pregnant. So I took the precautionary steps to call the doctor.

Doctor told me to go straight to the ER. That I could be having an allergic reaction to the pennicilian or could have preeclampsia. So off we went. After 3 hours of being there they finally wrote me a new prescription for Amoxcillian to try that rather than the penn. Then they wanted to send me to OB triage to check on Brynn. So off in a wheelchair I went...! 2 hours later after monitoring Brynn on a Non Stress Test (NST) she was looking good. Since we passed the NST we were able to go home! Thank god for no high blood pressure and Brynlee being safe. And also thank god for me having such a wonderful husband who had me take precaution because it could have been something very serious. Oh and side note: I had my blood pressure taken 6 times yesterday, SIX.

Today I am feeling much better and my infection seems to be clearing away quickly. It was funny though, because as I was in OB Triage the lady was asking me 10 million questions. She said, be happy your answering these now because they get saved and when you come in in labor, you wont have to answer them. LOL. I cannot imagine being in labor answering ALL these crazy questions she had. IE: Do you have a tongue ring? LOL. So anyways, at least the question game is out of the way when the real thing happens!

Just a few pics from our adventurous day!

We were laughing because the bracelets just kept adding up!
Me hooked up to the monitors... this reminded me of my sister when she was pregnant with Connor :)
Brynn's heartbeat: 143 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment