Sunday, January 8, 2012

The planning/prep begins!

Brynlee is only 7 short weeks away from turning 1! With so many things to do I found a blog that I am following with many great ideas that I am using. At the end she stated it perfectly and I couldnt agree with her words more...

one thing about birthday parties...
I know a lot of people feel pressure to have the "perfect" birthday party. I love planning parties. I love all the details and trying to figure out a way for everything from the invitations to the party favors to work together. It is fun for me. It is not stressful.

My point...
Do what works for you and your family. If you prefer small parties and don't care about the details...totally fine. If you love making fancy cakes...make an amazing cake. If you love the details like me...sew those paper circles together so that everything matches. The important thing is that we shower our children with love on their special day. We want them to know how much we love them. The day they were born is a day to celebrate! I had to stop and remind myself of this as I was planning Levi's party. When all the details didn't quite get finished like I had planned...I had to let it go. The important part was that Levi felt loved on his birthday.

Stated PERFECTLY. Some may think I am going "over the top" or "too big" but I dont care. It is what works for US and how we want to celebrate her day. All of these things that I am doing, are FUN for me and is something I honestly enjoy! And like she stated above, if a small party is your thing, totally fine. I cant wait to start all these crafts and celebrate her big day. It only happens ONCE!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment