Thursday, January 26, 2012

Facelift & a little quiltin action!

The blog got yet another facelift. I love changing up the backgrounds and the last one, well... it had Christmas ornaments, so I think I was a month past due on changing it up :)

I wish I was better at blogging all the crafty things I have been up to lately around the house. Maybe I will make that a 2012 resolution? Oh wait, New Years is over. But I'll try! Brynlee's quilt is all ONE piece now and is basically done. Just 2 more steps and its complete! It will be done by this weekend which was my goal so I could focus next month on just the party and not stress over this quilt.

I am SO happy with the way its turned out. It was a bittersweet time making that thing. It took over 20 hours total and for my first time in many many years sewing, I think it turned out great. Is it perfect? NOPE, but its made from me, to her and I love it. There are actually, many imperfections. So many that while making it, I almost quit, haha! But I powered through it, and I am so happy and in love with it.

I cannot wait for years to go by, her still have her blanket, that her mama made special just for her. And to know, that on each little square, was a week of her life in the her first year. Its so awesome. This project was VERY challenging towards the end, and its not over yet, still have 6 weeks to photograph even though she will be 1 in 5 weeks, her last pic will be a few days after she's 1 :) At the beginning it was so easy to photograph her but now we have to sing, dance, wave elmo in the air, make ridiculous noises, snap our fingers, and do anything possible to just get ONE good picture. Most are eyes closed, her bootie and not her face, half a leg because shes crawled off the fabric kind of pictures. Speaking of, here is her most recent pictures. You better believe we were elmo dancing for both of these!!

She had to hold the pig, or else this picture would not be possible!

Trying to quickly get away, which we turned into her doing the "running man". The first, and only shot we took this week, it was good enough for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment