Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Things I can't wait to do to our new house....

There are SO many things I cannot wait to do to the new house... There is an order of importance though, or I guess an order of where we want to start... What better way to write them down then to share my ideas with everyone!

#1. Paint Brynlee's room- Painting the entire room a soft pink again. Then I am going to get all crafty on you guys and I am going to Stencil for the first time ever!! We are going with this pattern:

We plan to accent one wall with that pattern to incorporate the other colors in her room. It will consist of hot pink, lime green, and brown. This should tie the entire room together! I am super excited to stencil and I hope it turns out good. This is a really cheap way to spice up any wall and a lot cheaper than wallpaper. And the best part? You can paint right over it if you mess up or have a change in decorating heart down the line! We will end the painting spree in her closet, which we will most likely paint a soft lime green. Not a neon lime green, but a more subtle green. I got inspiration on another blog to paint the closet and it really pulls the entire room together so I am excited to try it in Brynn's room!

#2. Next thing on the list... Kitchen Backsplash! I will give you a sneak peak to what we have in mind... :)

We have never done backsplash ourselves so keep your fingers crossed!! :)

#3. Change mirror in downstairs bathroom, possibly do a stencil design (depending on how Brynlee's room goes!!), and decorate.

#4. PLAYROOM! We are going to make the extra bedroom upstairs Brynlee's playroom until baby #2 joins us. This way its an easy transition into a future nursery! Think gray with a white wainscoting... and bright accent colors!!!

#5. Master bedroom makeover. Lots of stuff in the works for this. I want to either DIY a headboard or buy a reallllly tall headboard. New nightstands, and dresser. We need a new look! This will be a work in progress for sure!

#6. The backyard! We are pool hunting right now. Talking to some pool companies, getting bids etc. The last house had a pool and we loved it and decided we cannot live without one. Especially with 2 kids down the road! Once the pool is in, we can landscape. No sense in landscaping before the pool just so they can dig it all back up again. We are hoping the backyard is finished in the first year, thats my goal! My hubby think I am ambitious, but I disagree :)

#7. The office... No idea what we want to do in there yet. We got a new desk... but have lots of extra space... ideas ideas?

#8. The loft! This will be the official game room. We are using our old table up there for games, crafts etc for the kids. There will be some framed pics of us at Red Wings games, Tiger games or in Tiger gear, and of course... MICHIGAN!! This room will just be FUN to decorate, cant wait!!

And my list goes on and on and on.... the first two things on the list we hope to finish within the first 2 months... then we will decide the order of priority. Clearly this house is a heck of a lot bigger than the last one... so lots more room for inspiring rooms and decorating... this girl cannot wait!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment