Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Brynlee's bathroom....



Why oh why am I posting about Brynlee's bathroom? Welll because I cannot wait to decorate it! I am such a nerd! I really cannot wait to decorate the entire HOUSE but so far, Brynlee's bathroom has won the ticket for items purchased so far! So I wanted to go for a more "grown up" bathroom with a girly flair... Being that it will be the most used bathroom upstairs when we are in the loft etc, I wanted something that was versatile, but also Brynlee. So rather than pastel type colors we went BOLD.

I found these storage bins at Target (large for $9.99, small for $7.99) and snatched them right up! These were the beginning of my inspiration...

Since then I have spent WAY to much money on a shower curtain that I care to discuss... but I will share the picture... and maybe you can find it online and know the price.... or maybe you wont? Anyways... we bought it in the teal color... isnt it GORGEOUS?!


I loved it mainly because it isnt screaming, HI IM A PINK SHOWER CURTAIN... but its so girly but yet grown up as well.. exactly what I've been searching for! This way I can accent with magentas, oranges, greens and teals...


At hobby lobby I was inspired by their glassware that just so happened to be 50% off...

These aren't exactly what I bought but as close as I could find on their website... picture this with a wider opening... one in orange, the other in magenta... for cotton balls and qtips!
And one of these in a frosted magenta... going to take the cork out and fill with some flowers for the counter top... love!
I snagged 2 of the top ones, the one for the flowers, and another small one for her tooth brush... for under 10 bucks! I wanted to do something different and I think I am going to achieve that with these accent pieces...

As for the color in the bathroom... it will remain a khaki that our whole house has already been painted for now... I think the bold accents and shower curtain will bring out enough color!

All I need are some towels and a rug, and I am good to go!!! Cant wait to show you the live pictures once its completed next month!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment