Tuesday, September 4, 2012

18 Months of my lil sweet babe!

How is it possible that our sweet girl is already 18 months? I swear the day she joined this world felt like yesterday and 1st birthday felt like minutes ago. Since her 1st birthday she has changed SO much in so many different ways. I know I dont blog as often anymore (lets be real, life's sorta busy) but I did want to document some of my favorite things about my sweet girl to look back on someday and have memories of. More for her sake of course then mine.

A few things that come to mind when I think of you, Brynlee:
  • Beautiful, sersiouly. Your eyes, your lips, your little buddha belly, your amazing curly hair, your adorable little button nose, even the fingers and toes. Everything about you is just beautiful and I hope you know that no matter who makes you feel differently someday, just know that we think you are the most perfect girl that ever came onto this earth.
  • Smart, always wanting to put together things, organize and your very good at listening to directions
  • Sassy at times, you've really peaked at the "tantrum stage" but we are learning how to deal with it. We've learned that just letting you cry it out isnt helping so we've been getting better at researching and reading about this stage and it seems to be helping!
  • Stubborn, you know what you want and when you want it. You've always been this way since the first night we had you home and tried to swaddle you. You hated every second of being held down or restricted. NOTHING has changed! In fact getting you to sit in your high chair these days is quite the task. Probably because you feel like you are being held down.. and god forbid.... :)
  • Independent. You are very good at playing by yourself and doing your own thing, but we all know how much you love playing with others too!
  • Dancer. You absolutely love to shake your booty. You hand me my phone and start shaking your butt so I will turn on my Pandora and you can hear some jams. We always have dance parties and I hope they never end.
  • Mothering instinct. You take care of your babies, just the same way I took care of you. It is crazy to see such a little person know what to do and how to handle a baby. Its like its built in you to be a momma one day. (And you will be a great one at that). You always share your milk and food with your babies and you are very loving to them.
  • Lovable. You give kisses on and off demand and they are mine and daddy's favorite kisses! Every night when daddy takes you up to bed I stand on your toy chest at the bottom of the stairs you and give me tons of kisses thru the stair railings. You typically hand dad your blankie and get down on your tummy and give me them. I love it and really hope it never ends... at least for a while!
  • The apple of daddy's eye. Seriously dad loves you so much Brynlee. Bedtime is your thing with him. He takes you upstairs and you guys "brush teeth" and then from what he tells me, you go on a search for your binkies in your room that you drop out of your crib. He turns off the light, you listen to your music, and you guys dance every night. Some nights you tell him "no no no" when he tries to put you down because you just want him to keep dancing with you.
  • Like to be loved on. You love getting your back and head scratched. You probably got that from me since daddy always tickles my back. You will point to your head until one of us start to tickle your neck or scratch your head. And you never want us to stop!
  • Maizey's best friend. You love your "kit kat". Every morning you wake up and say "hiiiiii kit kat" and you point and say maimee maimee. You just love your kitty. Dad and I got her for you when you were just 15 months. I hope she is in your life for a very long time and I know you will always take good care of her.
  • Momma's girl. I know one day you will be more of a daddys girl. But right now I love that you are a momma's girl. You typically want me to hold you or read to you. Your always saying mama mama and you give me the best hugs and kisses. I hope, even though I know you will be a daddys girl, that you will always consider me not only your mom, but your best friend. I hope you call me when things get hard in life, we shop till we drop or get our nails done together. All the fun things a mom and daughter should enjoy.
I am sure I am missing a few things in here but I think I got most of my bases covered. Here are some recent pictures of lil miss Brynn. We love you baby girl, to the moon and back and cannot wait for your brother to get here so you can love on him! Muah xoxo!

Just having our usual dance party in the living room after work. You love when I spin you around!

Future engineer? You love to put things together and you do NOT stop till you figure it out!

Always be daddy's little Michigan girl

Looking so grown up here. Adorable.

Your hair curls even in the bath tub. Dad loves giving you crazy hair do's when you are taking a bath!

You know where your brother is at. In mommy's tummy. But you love to show us your tummy too!

We love you Brynlee

Momma's girl

And daddy's little princess.

Here are to many many more amazing times with you, sweet girl!


1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! She is so beautiful! Can't belive she is 18! wow!

    ReplyDelete