Monday, July 2, 2012

It's July!

And you know what that means... Only three more full months of being pregnant and then the countdown to baby boy turns into just days! I am getting larger and larger as the weeks go by but people keep telling me I look tiny, so I'll take it! I have only gained 9lbs so far with this lil man and I am pretty sure when I was 24-25 weeks pregnant with Brynn I was up around 15-18lbs, so hoping that is a sign of whats to come. I am really not focusing on it too much since I know this is probably the last time in life I can use "I'm pregnant" as an excuse to constantly eat dessert. I think chasing Brynn this time around is really helping though! She is one active lil cookie :)

We are headed to California next Saturday and I CANNOT WAIT!!! After taking Brynn to the circus on Saturday and it being a complete success, I hope that is a sign for how Sea World and the San Diego Zoo will go. I think she will just love it! I love taking her on family vacations and I am so grateful we get to do them! We are there for a solid week staying at a beach house in Carlsbad which is somewhere I've personally never been, so I am stoked! This time will be a new adventure on the beach now that she is off and running since the last time when we went in March she was barely starting to walk. It should be a great time!

Here I am at 24 weeks with lil baby boy! Cannot wait to meet you, Beckham!
I also wanted to share a few pictures of the playroom that have been in the works! This room is an open den on our lower level that is right to your right when you walk in. It is perfect because we can shut all the downstairs doors, and Brynn can run wild between the main living space and the den. When we originally built I thought the playroom would be upstairs, and maybe someday it will move up there when they are older, but for right now, this space is PERFECT. We kept the desk and my bookshelf on one side that holds all of my craft stuff and I plan to spice it up a little more as time goes on, but for now, my stuff gets put on hold as Beckhams room is underway.

Anyways, I knew I wanted some storage for all of their toys but I wanted it at a height that they could get to their toys, but also looked neat when cleaned up, since you do see that room when you walk in after all. So we just went with some basic cubbies from bed bath and beyond and did a bench in the middle to help add some fun! Plus it holds a lot of Brynn's stuffed animals as their little spot, and she loves putting them up there :) She has learned how to pull all the bins out and pour them out but its perfect because we can throw the toys back in there and it looks perfect again! Along the main wall is 2 fabric bookshelves that I made. I kept the colors boy/girl and yes it looks a little more girly in there right now but a lot of Brynn's toys are pink so once Beckham gets here I am sure it will all even itself out. Right now there is a ball pit in the middle that my sister got Brynn for xmas but we plan to put a small activity table with 2 chairs and put a small shelf for crayons etc for arts and craft time! Also between the two cubbies and above the bench we are going to add just a small 24in tv for movie time. We dont have cable wired in there which is perfectly fine with me, it will keep it to a movie room! My mom gave me all my old VHS movies and a VHS/DVD player, so it will be perfect!

On the main wall, it was pretty large at 12 feet long so I needed something that would take up a good amount of space for art, but wouldnt cost me and arm and a leg. So I decided a gallery wall would be perfect! I got the prints off of etsy just as digital designs and printed them myself. There is a mix of flashcards with numbers and colors, three definitions; Happy, Love, Play and in the middle is "Playroom Rules". And of course I had to top it off with "Oh The Places You'll Go - Dr Suess" quote because that is my all time favorite childtime quote and one of my favorite books. I am really happy with how the room turned out!



In between those shelves is where the TV will hang :) Along with the VHS/DVD player on that right shelf

My desk with my sewing machine and in those storage bins is all my craft supplies, eventually will make this look prettier but for now, it works for me!

The "final" not quite complete yet, Playroom! I love how its transforming!
 Anyways, I hope you all have a great July and hopefully after California I can do an update with some pictures!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, I've been catching up on your blog... I LOVE IT! I am so excited for you to bring another little one home:)

    ReplyDelete