Saturday, June 18, 2011

Anniversary Weekend


I know, I know... I am a little past due on this post! We've had a busy busy week and now that the babes is asleep I am finally getting some time to do a few posts!

Last weekend we spent our anniversary at Talking Stick Resort, like I had mentioned in the previous post.

We had an AMAZING time. We started the day by dropping of Brynlee to Gma's and Gpa's for their first slumber party!!! We headed to the resort around 12 and checked into our room early. We had an amazing view from the hotel... Looked a little something like this:


We spent the day by the pool and accompanied by buckets of beer :) It was so nice to get away and not have to constantly be concerned about Brynlee in the sun for too long etc. We headed back to the room which was followed by a nap on the patio "bed" that they had outside. I passed out for like an hour, woops! I guess that's what you do when you are baby free... sleep!

We got ready for the night after the naps and went to dinner at Orange Sky. We both got steak for dinner, I had a lobster bisque to start and Ryan had a yummy salad. It was an amazing meal!


{Us before dinner}

After dinner we decided to head down to the piano bar, which honestly was boring, haha! So we made our way up to the "club" they had there and did some dancing and people watching. It was like cougar central because Thunder From Down Under was at the resort that weekend. So a lot of crazy older ladies dancing, haha!

All in all, it was a great weekend! We reminisced about our wedding day and how we wish we could do it all over again. While getting ready we played back some music that always reminds of us our special day, and I had shed some tears for sure. That day was so amazing and I wish I could do it a million times over!

We woke up the next morning at 9:30 to find out Brynlee had a rough night of sleep. Not shocking since she was out of routine and her mama didn't read her her bedtime story!! So we headed home early because of course, we missed her DEARLY and couldn't wait to get home!!

Until next time, xo!

No comments:

Post a Comment