Thursday, April 21, 2011

While the babe is asleep...

I get to blog! It's 8pm and little miss is already in bed... woo hoo! That means one of 2 things, either she will be up 3am ready to party, or she will wake up to eat and go right back to sleep. We never know with this girl. Right now I really dont care as I am trying to soak in EVERY minute with her. I know once my maternity time is up I wont have those 3am parties (or maybe I will). She really is on a great schedule though. She eats the same time pretty much every day now and is awake usually around the same time each day as well. She just has a hard time going to sleep some nights, and other nights, like tonight, she goes to sleep like a charm! Works for me for now!

Yesterday we headed out to the new build to meet with the superintendent who will basically make sure our house doesnt fall over. He was awesome, and everyone working there is super nice. He went over the schedule for the build and what we can expect every step of the way. We have permission to come out to the house at any time and ask questions and see what's going on. So far the schedule is to have the framing and drywall up by May 21st, and then all the interior stuff starts happening. Right now the scheduled final walk through is August 6th and scheduled move in is August 9th! Of course things could move quicker, or be delayed depending on weather (but we know AZ weather this time of year, highly doubt were in for a snow storm!!). Here is the work so far, they started building on April 13th. This was just the initial framework for the cement and some beginning of the plumbing :)

And on the note of moving... we listed our house officially TODAY. It was listed around 11am this morning, and by 6pm I had gotten our first call requesting a showing! The realtors have to call me before showing the house due to our new baby. This is great in case we have dishes in the sink or what have you and I can quickly tidy the house back up! We deep cleaned it on Tuesday and we are just going to have to do a great job of picking up after ourselves. We are really trying to stand out against all the stinky foreclosures out there on the market. And since were not a short sale, hopefully we appeal more to buyers knowing it will move quick! Crossing every finger and toe that we sell this house! We just need to be able to sell it by the end of June realistically! So we definitly have time, but the sooner the better! Wish us luck!

I am really really really dreading going back to work. Not at all because I don't love my job, because I do. And definitly not because of the people, because I wouldn't trade them for the world. But just the plain and simple fact of having to leave my baby girl. I'll admit it first hand... I cry almost EVERY day. When I went to the doctor this week he had asked if I was depressed about anything, and I told him really just about going back to work and having to leave her. It will probably be good for me but right now I am having a hard time thinking about leaving her all day. I think the thing that kills me the most is leaving her from 6am till 5pm... thats ALLLLL day. I feel like I will never get any time with my baby, and the babysitter will get all day with her. And I have asked Ryan, do you think she will know the babysitter better than me and him? It scares me. I know I am probably a little dramatic but I am honestly scared! The other thing that has been challenging is finding a daycare for her that I can fully trust.

We met with 2 yesterday and the first one was a definite NO. She was kind of rude with her demeanor which made me question how she would be with my daughter. She was just getting back into the business after 10 years so I could tell she was nervous and didn't really have her swagger down. She made a comment about "anal" moms making their own baby's food, before even thinking twice, that maybe I was?? Which I am. Ha! And I made sure she knew that. She felt pretty stupid I am sure... but oh well, think before you speak!

The second lady has potential. She was really nice, has some other babies that are very close to Brynlee's age that I like. She has been doing it for 11 years and has mainly watched kids of parents who were in the police department. One referral led to the next and its just who she has mainly watched. That was reassuring! After we left, I told Ryan.. she is the one. But then he pointed a few things out to me to make me second guess myself... Since I was doing most of the talking, he was observing the house. He noticed a few things... 1. shot glasses up on the fridge and empty tequila bottles. 2. A pool table and foosball table in the front room. 3. She was wearing a Miller Lite tshirt (classy, I know, and I didnt even notice, ha!) 4. She is a single mom of 2 kids... now all of this really doesnt sound THAT bad. But Ryan questioned if she was a partier, just by adding up all of the little stuff... Which made me question my decision. This really doesnt bother me, as we all have our own personal lives, but it made me think I guess. We decided we were going to ask her for some referrals that we could call and talk to and also just KEEP LOOKING.

So back on Sittercity I went, and the hunt is still on. The 2nd lady isn't OUT quite yet, but I dont know. I dont want to have any doubts or reservations about this decision... So we will see!

Anyways, enough with the blabbing!!! Hope everyone has an awesome Easter weekend! We are having my family over and hosting dinner!

Pork Tenderloin with a Red Pepper Sauce, Garlic and Cheese popovers, and Garlic Mashed Potatoes are on the horizon! With Cake Pops for dessert! Stay tuned for recipes ***if they turn out good!!!***

No comments:

Post a Comment